Monday, February 21, 2011

Website Update

Hello,

There is more news to come following this update.  I just wanted to let you know that I have been tweaking the website for www.lovetorachael.org.  It is now the single place for entering information about Rachael's recovery.  Here are some of the added things:

Encouraging words - Instead of emailing lovetorachael@gmail.com, you can enter comments that will be added after moderation.  I have to moderate to keep from getting 'junk posts' which are just like email spam.

Email Updates - You will get an email whenever there is a new post on updates for Racahel.

Sharing - If you wish to share an update, you may now click on the Share menu at the top of the update you are reading.  It has icons for the major 'social networking' sites.  For instance if you like this post/update you could click on the Share menu, click the facebook button and log into facebook.  The link to the post would be added to your facebook page.

There are other 'backend' features from a technical nature that makes this a much more efficient way of handling things.

I know this all sounds techie but I wanted to get this info out.  Also, this is a test message.  No need to reply, I have a way to check that it was sent.  I will have new information later tonight regarding Rachael's condition, next steps and a way you can help.

I once again wish to thank the Sullivan family for their support of us and especially Christine for getting the email list going.  God bless you guys.

God bless you and thank you again for your prayers,
Burt

No comments: